Ten Pearls Inc. constantly stresses the importance of high scholastic achievement. We realize many students are not able to afford to pay college tuition. In an effort to assist students who wish to pursue a bachelor’s degree, Ten Pearls, Inc. awards scholarships annually based on academic achievement to graduating high school seniors. Seniors wishing to apply for a scholarship must complete an application and personal essay.
Ten Pearls Incorporated is the charitable arm of the Bronx Alumnae chapter of Sigma
Gamma Rho Sorority, Incorporated. The purpose of the chapter is to promote
educational and community awareness within the Bronx community especially to our
children. As part of our community goal we have established a scholarship on behalf of
one of our esteemed members, Dr. Tamarah President-Ravenell.
Dr. Tamarah President–Ravenell is a charter member and past President of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority Inc.’s Theta Rho Sigma chapter who has made education her life. The importance of education has been
a striving force of who she is today.
1. Applicant must be a senior in a Bronx high school.
2. Applicant must provide an official transcript for the most recently
available academic experience. The transcript must reflect an average
of 80% or above.
3. Applicant must show proof of acceptance in a post-secondary
4. All materials should be submitted to the chairperson of the Scholarship
Committee and be postmarked by June 2nd of the current year to the
address listed above. The scholarship will be awarded August 1st. No
materials submitted will be returned to the applicant. Incomplete
applications will not be considered.
5. Applicant cannot be a relative to anyone on the scholarship committee.
6. The Scholarship Committee will award 2 Book Stipends in the amount of
Scholarship applications and all materials must be received by June 3rd.